A development application is a formal request to a local council or a government body for permission to carry out a development.

Under NSW laws, a development can include:

• Subdivision of land
• Building a new house or other significant structure
• Works including laying pipes for plumbing or pruning a significant tree
• Demolition of a building

You must have a development application for any development works unless they fall into the special categories of exempt or complying. Permitted developments change from area to area throughout NSW, depending on zoning laws and other environmental laws and regulations.

Sometimes, working out whether a development requires approval is complex. We can help you with this process. Contact us today to learn more about the different types of development.

“All materials throughout this entire website has been prepared by Unified Lawyers for informational purposes only. All materials throughout this entire website are not legal advice and should not be interpreted as legal advice. We do not guarantee that any of the information on this website is current or correct.

You should seek specialist legal advice or other professional advice about your specific circumstances.
All information on this site is not intended to create, and receipt of it does not constitute a lawyer-client relationship between you and Unified lawyers.

Information on this site is not updated regularly and so may not be up to date.”