No. When a development application is lodged, you will be notified of the proposed development if your property adjoins the proposed development site. Notification is usually by a letter from your local council. You may be notified by a sign on the proposed development site or a notice in your local newspaper.

The notification will tell you how to object to the development and give you a deadline. It’s crucial that you meet this deadline because the council (or other authority) may not accept your objections after this date. If you wish to seek legal advice, you need to allow your lawyer enough time to investigate and prepare an objection letter before the deadline.

You can also ask for more time to respond by sending a letter or email to the council (or other authority). If they give you an extension, make sure they advise you in writing (by letter or email).

“All materials throughout this entire website has been prepared by Unified Lawyers for informational purposes only. All materials throughout this entire website are not legal advice and should not be interpreted as legal advice. We do not guarantee that any of the information on this website is current or correct.

You should seek specialist legal advice or other professional advice about your specific circumstances.
All information on this site is not intended to create, and receipt of it does not constitute a lawyer-client relationship between you and Unified lawyers.

Information on this site is not updated regularly and so may not be up to date.”