The development application notification letter you received from the council (or other authority) will tell you where and how you can view the plans. You can ask an officer to explain the plans to you. Ask plenty of questions to make sure you understand the proposed development and how it will impact your property.

If you’re concerned about the application, you can send an objection letter to the council or other authority.

The objection letter must:

1. Be in writing
2. Be sent to the appropriate council or authority
3. Identify you and the address of your property.
4. Be sent within the timeframe set out in the notification (usually 14 days)

However, writing an objection letter can be a difficult task. You may worry that you don’t know how to write it and you may feel stressed at trying to make sense of all the plans and reports.

Our development application lawyers have significant experience in preparing objection letters. They can act immediately to help you. The most crucial thing is that you contact us as soon as possible.

“All materials throughout this entire website has been prepared by Unified Lawyers for informational purposes only. All materials throughout this entire website are not legal advice and should not be interpreted as legal advice. We do not guarantee that any of the information on this website is current or correct.

You should seek specialist legal advice or other professional advice about your specific circumstances.
All information on this site is not intended to create, and receipt of it does not constitute a lawyer-client relationship between you and Unified lawyers.

Information on this site is not updated regularly and so may not be up to date.”