You can object to your neighbour’s development application by submitting an objection letter or by lodging a submission to the relevant council. To do so properly, you will need to clearly outline how your neighbour’s development application does not comply with all the relevant standards or guidelines.

Council generally provides you with a notification period of 14 days to lodge written submissions outlining your objections.  If you do not lodge your written submissions within this period, there may be a risk that Council will not consider your concerns and objections.

“All materials throughout this entire website has been prepared by Unified Lawyers for informational purposes only. All materials throughout this entire website are not legal advice and should not be interpreted as legal advice. We do not guarantee that any of the information on this website is current or correct.

You should seek specialist legal advice or other professional advice about your specific circumstances.
All information on this site is not intended to create, and receipt of it does not constitute a lawyer-client relationship between you and Unified lawyers.

Information on this site is not updated regularly and so may not be up to date.”